The best point and shoot cameras with viewfinder come in different shapes and sizes. However, to land one, you need to identify the one that produces the best image qualities and features. If you love taking photos when you are out with your friends, a point and shoot camera is a device that you should consider acquiring. We have taken the time to compile a list of some of the best point and shoot camera with viewfinder for the enthusiastic photographer.
1. Sony DSCHX80/B High Zoom Point and Shoot Camera
The Sony DSCHX80/B cannot miss out on the list of the best point and shoot camera with viewfinder. Some of the most remarkable features of this camera include:
- 30x Optical /60x clear image zoom ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens;
- Selfie-ready 3’ extra fine LCD multi angle display;
- Versatile video with high-quality MP4, AVCHD and XAVC S;
- Focus range wide: 1.97” – infinity, Telepoto:8.20” –infinity;
- 18.2mp Exmor R CMOS sensor;
- Built-in retractable OLED Tru-Finder viewfinder;
- Shooting speed: 10fps.
At an affordable price of $298, you can acquire this camera and connect it to your smartphone either through NFC or through Wi-Fi to capture high-quality images. What’s more, it comes with customizable settings and 5-axis image stabilization that enhances image quality.
2. Sony DSCHX90V/B Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD
Are you looking for the best point and shoot camera with viewfinder? Well, how about you check out the features of the Sony DSCHX90V/B and see if it meets your needs. This camera includes:
- Simple connectivity to smartphones through Wi-FI and NFC;
- Versatile video with high-quality XAVC S, MP4 and AVCHD formats;
- 18.2mp Exmor R CMOS Sensor for quality low light images;
- Built-in retractable OLED Tru-Finder TM viewfinder;
- 30x optical/60x clear image zoom ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens.
You can get this extra fine point and shoot camera in the market at $448.
3. PANASONIC Lumix LX100 4K Point and Shoot Camera
Do you love eating out? Do you love photography? If yes, how about you create memories of your most treasured moments with the PANASONIC Lumix LX100. It easily qualifies as the best point and shoot camera with viewfinder because it features:
- Superior light capture with large, multi-aspect micro four thirds sensor;
- Includes manual controls;
- Fast f1.7-2.8, 24-75mm, Leica DC zoom lens;
- 30p 4K Ultra HD video and 4K photo mode;
- Eye-level EVF- 2,764k-dot for a more clear and stable framing.
If you desire this item, you have to dig deeper into your pockets as compared to the aforementioned. This camera costs $597.99.
4. Fujifilm X100F 24.3 MP APS-C Digital Camera
Once again, Fujifilm have outdone themselves by building one of the best point and shoot camera with viewfinder, the X100F. Here are some of the impressive features of this camera that make it one of the best:
- New np-w126s lithium battery;
- 24.3mp X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor and X-Processor Pro;
- AF mode – single/ zone/ wide-tracking;
- A built-in Iso dial in the shutter’s speed dial;
- 8 way focus lever;
- Autofocus: 91 points.
The hybrid viewfinder in this camera enhances its utility, and you should expect it to cost you $1,299.
5. Leica D-Lux (Type 109) 12.8 Megapixel Digital Camera
If you are enthusiastic about photography, you know that image quality is defined by the type of camera combined with the skill of the photographer. If you desire perfect, then you must get the best camera, and the Leica D-Lux (Type 109) falls under this category. This camera features:
- Focus peaking to mark the areas in focus;
- Leica CF D flash;
- Fixed lens that is matched to the camera’s sensor;
- Manual operation;
- High resolution 2.8mp OLED EVF.
Apart from the aforementioned features, the D-Lux can be connected to other devices via NFC and Wi-Fi. This camera also features a strong design and a photographer will have no difficulty using it in any light conditions. It also has an electronic viewfinder, a high-speed shutter, and it provides videos in 4k. You should expect to part with $1,095 to acquire this item.
6. Sony a7 Full-Frame Mirrorless Digital Camera with 28-70mm Lens
Sony keeps on impressing with its high-quality products, and if you enjoy taking pictures when you visit the museum or park with friends, the Sony a7 would do you justice. This camera is dazzling because it features:
- ISO 100-25600 (AUTO ISO 100-6400);
- 24.3mp full frame CMOS sensor;
- Shooting speed:4ps;
- 1/2 inch XGA OLED color electronic viewfinder with 2.4m dots;
- 3” LCD that can be tilted, with 921,600 dots;
- Multi-interface shoe;
- Raw and Raw plus JPEG shooting;
- Includes NFC and Wi-Fi connectivity;
- Memory card slot;
- Maximum video resolution: 1080p.
Being one of the best compact cameras from Sony, this item will cost you approximately $998. You can also accessorize it with the Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack), which you have to buy separately for $26.99.
7. Canon Powershot G5 X digital Camera with 1 Inch Sensor and Built-in Viewfinder
Canon, one of the most reputable camera manufacturers have designed a point and shoot camera, the Powershot G5 X just for you. This camera features:
- Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity;
- 1 inch , 20.2 Mp CMOS sensor;
- Canon DIGIC 6 image processor;
- 3” touch panel LCD that has a screen resolution of 1.04 million dots;
- Maximum video resolution: 1080p;
- Compatibility with tablets, smartphones, and the Canon Connect Station;
- Convenient controls.
This item sells at $699. It comes with a Lithium-ion battery pack, neck strap, battery charger for Li-ion batteries, and strap adapter. The product also has a one year warranty.
8. Nikon COOLPIX P900 Digital Camera with 83x Optical Zoom
Are you tired of taking photos with poor quality cameras? Well, Nikon presents you with the COOLPIX P900 point and shoot camera to enjoy your photo sessions. This camera features:
- Maximum video resolution: 1080p;
- 16mp CMOS sensor;
- Vari-Angle TFT LCD screen;
- Built-in GP, Wi-Fi and NFC;
- Electronic viewfinder;
- 83x optical zoom NIKKOR super ED VR lens;
- Sensor size: 1/2.3 inch;
- Equivalent focal length: 24-2000mm 35mm;
- 166x dynamic fine zoom;
- 332x Digi zoom.
You can purchase this item for $470 +.
Have you been having trouble finding the best point and shoot camera with viewfinder? This article has outlined the best eight point and shoot cameras. All you have to do is assess the specs of each item on the list and select the one that best suits your lifestyle needs.